39 total views
How to enroll with the GST Common portal with Provisional ID and Password?
Existing taxpayer registered under Excise, Service Tax and State Tax Laws such as VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax who had received SMS/ E-Mail with Provisional ID and Password. What are next steps for them? How do they begin to enroll with the GST Common Portal with Provisional ID and Password?
To enroll with the GST Common Portal, you need to perform the following steps:
- Access the www.gst.gov.in URL
- The GST Home page is displayed
- Click the NEW USER LOGINbutton
- The Declaration page is displayed
- Select the checkbox for declaration and click the continue button
- The Login page is displayed
- In the Provisional ID field, type the username that you received in the e-mail, SMS or any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
- In the Password field, type the password that you received in the e-mail, SMS or any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
- Type the captcha In the “Type the characters you see in the image below” field & Click the login button
- The Provisional ID Verification page is displayed
- In the E-mail Address field, enter your e-mail address.
- In the Mobile Number field, enter your valid Indian mobile number
- There are two One time Password (OTPs) which will be sent on your e-mail address and mobile number you just mentioned. Both OTPs are required for the verification.
- Click the CONTINUE button
- The OTP Verification page is displayed
- In the Email OTP field, enter the OTP you received in your e-mail address.
- In the Mobile OTP field, enter the OTP you received on your mobile phone.
- Click the continue button
- The New Credentials page is displayed. In the New Username field, enter a username for yourself.
- In the New Password field, enter a password of your choice that you will be using from next time onwards
- In the Re-confirm Password field, reenter the password & Click the CONTINUE button
- The Security Questions page is displayed
- For each security question, enter the answers & Click on submit button
- The message “Username and password have been successfully changed. Kindly login using these credentials” is displayed. You can now login to the GST Common Portal using the username and password you just created.
- In the Username field, enter the username you just created,
- In the Password field, enter the password,
- In the Type the characters you see in the image below field, type the captcha text as shown on the screen.
- Click the login button
- The Welcome page is displayed
- Click the continue button
- Your Dashboard is displayed
- Notice, in the Dashboard, the Last Modifiedsection displays the date when you last modified the Enrolment Application.
- Important Note:-All existing taxpayers and VAT, Service tax and Central Excise taxpayers who are not registered under State VAT will be given a provisional ID and a password. You first need to create your username and password using this provisional ID and password at the GST Common Portal – www.gst.gov.in.